Microsoft Press has been putting out a lot of books lately and many are free. These books will make great additions to you electronic libraries. They were kind enough to put up a blog listing on their blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_press/archive/2012/05/04/free-ebooks-great-content-from-microsoft-press-that-won-t-cost-you-a-penny.aspx. These offerings from Microsoft Press are in PDF, MOBI and ePUB formats. Books currently offered include:
- Introducing Windows Server 2008 R2
- Introducing Windows Server 2012 Beta
- Introducing SQL Server 2008 R2
- Introducing SQL Server 2012
- Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions
- Microsoft Office 365: Connect and collaborate virtually anywhere, anytime
- First Look: Microsoft Office 2010
- Security and Privacy for Microsoft Office 2010 Users
- Deploying Windows 7
- Moving to Visual Studio 2010
- Programming Windows Phone 7
Many of these books are introduction books but can provide a lot of information about the products. They can also start guiding you to other resources and give you a stepping stone to learning the new products.
If you have an Amazon Kindle, you can transfer the MOBI versions to your Kindle and to your library. To perform the transfer to your library, utilize the Send to Kindle Software from Amazon. This does not work with the free Kindle reader apps for mobile devices or computers. On the Windows PC reader app, you can open the file directly into the Kindle application on that system but it does not go to your library at Amazon.
Grab the opportunity to get the free books today!